David R. Tawil joined the Firm as Counsel in 2023. He has over a decade of experience as part of the plaintiffs’ mass tort bar, including key roles in high profile complex litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. David has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers since 2020 and has made Best Lawyers “Ones to Watch” lists in Plaintiffs’ Product Liability Litigation and Mass Tort/Class Actions since 2021.
David currently focuses on the Tylenol ASD/ADHD litigation, which is in the early stages of discovery.
Prior to joining Bernstein Liebhard, Mr. Tawil was an Associate at Seeger Weiss. There, he was a key member of several significant trial and litigation teams, including a Testosterone Replacement Therapy team selected as a finalist for the 2017 “Trial Team of the Year” by National Trial Lawyers. Mr. Tawil likewise contributed to all aspects of discovery in the recently settled 3M Combat Arms Earplug litigation; the national Opioids litigation; and several class actions related to the diesel emissions scandal perpetrated by companies including Volkswagen, Bosch, and Mercedes-Benz. Additionally, Mr. Tawil spearheaded briefing that led to several groundbreaking decisions by the New Jersey Appellate Division and Supreme Court in the Accutane litigation.
David spent three years honing his legal skills at Tulane Law School in New Orleans, where he was a member of the Texas Young Lawyers Association mock trial team, Associate Justice of the Tulane Moot Court Board, and Senior Notes and Comments Editor of the Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law. His case note – Kiobel v. Royal Dutch Petroleum Co.: The Second Circuit Rejects Corporate Liability Under the Alien Tort Statute – was published in the Journal in 2011.
Following law school, David returned home to New Jersey to serve as a Multicounty Litigation and Civil Division law clerk to the Honorable Jessica R. Mayer (now of the Appellate Division), where he assisted on a mass tort bellwether trial involving the drug Zometa, among other responsibilities.
➢ Awards and Recognition
• Super Lawyers, New Jersey Rising Stars (2022-2024), New York Metro Rising Stars (2020-2023)
• Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch – Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs (2021-2024); Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiffs (2021-2024)
• The National Law Journal, Elite Trial Lawyers – Products Liability Firm of the Year (2022)
• The National Trial Lawyers, Trial Team of the Year (Finalist, 2017, Konrad v. AbbVie, et al.)
• The John C. Lifland American Inn of Court, Lead Barrister (2022-2023); Barrister (2018-2022); Student (2014-2018)