Pharmaceutical Drugs and Medical Devices
The nationwide law firm of Bernstein Liebhard LLP is committed to ensuring the innocent victims of defective drugs, faulty medical devices, and other dangerous products obtain the justice and compensation they deserve. Since its founding, the Firm has successfully represented thousands of clients against many of the largest medical and consumer products manufacturers in the world, winning more than $3.5 billion on their behalf.
Bernstein Liebhard LLP’s personal injury attorneys have taken leading roles in some of the most high-profile products liability litigations of our time and are currently pursuing cases involving:
• Zantac: Consumers who used name-brand and generic versions of Zantac may have been exposed to high levels of NDMA, increasing their risk for kidney cancer, liver cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, breast cancer and other malignancies. Read More.
• Firefighting Foam: Exposure to PFAS in aqueous film-forming foams (AFFF) has been linked to a range of adverse health effects, including an increased risk of cancer. Read More.
• Paragard IUD: A growing number of women claim to have suffered serious injuries and complications due to the breakage, expulsion, embedment, or migration of the Paragard (copper) IUD. Read More.
• Talcum Powder: A growing body of research suggests that the regular and repeated use of Johnson’s Baby Powder and other talc-based body powders for feminine hygiene purposes may contribute to the development of ovarian cancer. Read More.
• 3M Combat Arms Earplugs: The 3M Company allegedly sold defective earplugs to the U.S. military for over a decade, causing thousands of servicemen and women to develop permanent hearing loss and tinnitus. Read More.
• Proton Pump Inhibitors: Studies suggest the long-term use of Nexium, Prilosec, and similar heartburn drugs is associated with an increased risk of chronic kidney disease, kidney failure, and other renal complications. Read More.
As a tireless advocate for the injured, Bernstein Liebhard LLP’s work on behalf of its clients has consistently earned the Firm acknowledgment from its peers in the legal community, with Senior Partner Sandy A. Liebhard repeatedly recognized as a “local litigation star” by Benchmark Plaintiff: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Plaintiff Firms & Attorneys (2012-2015 editions). In 2014, Mr. Liebhard was also recommended for his work in securities litigation by The Legal 500.
In 2017, partner attorney Daniel C. Burke was recognized as a leader in the areas of class actions and mass torts by Super Lawyers magazine for the fifth consecutive year. Mr. Burke has also been appointed to leading roles in some of the nation’s most important drug and device litigations, including the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re: Biomet M2a Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2391); Liaison Counsel in the New York Coordinated Plavix-Related Proceedings (Index No. 560001/12); Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in In re: Zimmer Nexgen Knee Implant Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2272); Discovery and Law & Briefing Sub-Committees for In re: Denture Cream Products Liability Litigation(MDL. 2051); and the Science and Discovery Sub-Committees for In re: Yasmin & Yaz (Drospirenone) Marketing, Sales Practices & Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2100). Most recently, Mr. Burke was appointed to serve on the Plaintiffs’ Executive Committee for In re: Onglyza (Saxagliptin) and Kombiglyze (Saxagliptin and Metformin) Products Liability Litigation (MDL 2809).
To learn more, and for updates on all of the pharmaceutical drugs and medical device cases currently being pursued by Bernstein Liebhard LLP, please visit our consumer information website, RXInjuryHelp.com. If you’re interested in discussing a potential claim with our attorneys, please fill out the form to the left to arrange for a free, no-obligation legal review.